So it's been so long,
Last I wrote, we were waiting for our genetic screening blood results. Well, they came back normal.
So after that we booked another appointment with the clinic and this is where we basically told them we are ready to start the IVF process. They took blood tests for viral screening and they sent us home with consent forms to fill in and bring to our next appointment. She also told me to start taking Folic acid and vitamin D tablets if I haven't been already.
On the 27th of January 2016, we went in again to hand in our consent forms and my husband was told to produce a sample to be frozen in case on the day of egg retrieval the sperm isn't as good. We paid for our prescription and that was set to be delivered to our home on the 29th of January. This came in one large box that was cold and one smaller box it felt like Christmas all over again only..the presents weren't all that pleasant.
My doctor gave me Norethisterone tablets to take 3 times a day from the 7th of February until the 13th of February to bring on a period. As expected my period then came on the 17th of february. This wasn't any like other period I have ever had. It was extremely painful and with very large clots.
I am on the Short protocol IVF. So I started by Gonal F injection on CD2, 150 IU. I take my injection 6pm everynight.The first injection was nerve racking, it wasn't painful in the slightest way. It was just the thought of injecting myself. I stood infront of my long length mirror with the Gonal F pen cm away from the injection site and I just couldn't bring my self to do it. But I did it. I slowly moved the needle until it was touching my skin and I applied pressure until it was in. Once it was in, it was fine. I felt this gush of relief come over me. A few minutes after I injected I felt a little light headed and extremely sleepy and there was this slight sting which wasn't at all unpleasant. Day 2 of stimming was pretty much the same as day 1 but I didn't feel the sting and I wasn't any braver about stabbing myself than I was in day 1. However, by day 3 I must admit, stabbing myself was getting less scary. & by day 4 I was a pro.
Day 5 I had to go in early morning for blood tests, usually the nurses use small needles because I have really small veins and perhaps I should have mentioned this to the nurse but I suppose I thought she would take a look at my veins and know. So she stabbed me with this big needle that was so painful and it left a huge purple bruise on my hand. Next time, I am going to let them know not to do that. So, I waited anxiously until 2 oclock which was when they called to confirm my blood results were normal and I can now at centrotide injections to my routine.
So 6 oclock same, and I was shaking, because with centrotide I have to mix the injections I did it, but when ever I pulled the mixture back up into the syringe there was this gap. & I didn't think to push it out which was stupid, so the clock was ticking and I ended up just pushing this air into my belly.
I pulled out, and I bled a little. Gonal F was also unusual today, I tried to stab myself as I usually do but this time, when the needle went in it was so painful, I couldn't do it, I took it out, and I changed the needle and tried another spot, it was a lot better.
by this time I felt like every passing day was revolved by 6pm, like I am just waiting for this time to come round you know?
Day 6 was challenging, I had to be in uni to finish off my assignements, I was nervous about doing this in the toilets, but it had to be done. So 6pm came round and my hands were shaking I went in, and I started mixing the centrotide injection, again big gap. I did it anyway but this time as I pulled out, there was drops of the solution that came out of my skin which was worrying. Gonal F again, was more painful to inject.
Day 7 was a difficult day, a very close friend had given birth, and I went to visit. I really did try. I was so happy. I am so happy for her. But I have this ball of jealousy in my chest. I kept thinking how I would be in her position. What I would act like. I hate feeling like this. So I go home, 6pm. Injection time, & centrotide was well no gaps. I learnt the trick. Alls well. then I just started blubbering like a big baby but I felt better afterwards.
& Today is Day 8.

No comments:
Post a Comment